Thursday, March 20, 2008

Station 6-VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS

STATION 6: Veronica Wipes The Face Of Jesus



We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You.
Because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.

My Lord Jesus Christ:

Veronica showed genuine caring for You when she risked the ridicule of the people and the wrath of the soldiers in order to wipe Your sacred face. Help me to love You so much that I'd do anything for You, no matter what others think of me. And since You said that whatever I do to the least of the people, I do unto You, help me also to love everyone so much that I willingly and eagerly serve their needs no matter how I feel about it.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.


Bruised, derided, cursed, defiled
She beheld her tender Child
All with bloody scourges rent.


Related entries:

Station 1: Jesus is condemned to die on the cross

Station 2 Jesus takes up His Cross

Station 3 Jesus Falls for the first time


Station 4 Jesus Meets His Mother

Station 5 Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus Carry the Cross

Station 6 Veronica Wipes the face of Jesus


Station 7 Jesus Falls the Second Time

Station 8 Jesus Comforts the Women

Station 9 Jesus Falls for the third time

Station 10 Jesus is stripped of His Garments

Station 11 Jesus is Nailed to the Cross

Station 12 Jesus dies on the Cross

Station13 : Jesus IS taken down from the Cross

Station 14: Jesus is buried

Text Prayers from Cathedral of Mary.

cathcath

,,,,

0 comments: